Hello! Halloween is almost here and I’m cutting it close to participating in the October Tim tag challenge. I’ve been working on my tags the last few days – I love the monster dies and the metallic look of Tim’s monster tag is so cool! Click here to take a look. Here’s what I came up with.
I don’ have all of the supplies that Tim used, so I did have to improvise. I decided to also use the “Monster” die for one of my tags, although I used the Tailored texture fades embossing folder. I pretty much followed Tim’s technique, but left more of the black paint on than he did because I like that look. Tim’s tip for using the crazing was very helpful – I’d used it before but it really didn’t work that great. Now I know I didn’t use enough. I love how this looks!!
For the background, I don’t have any ephemera (or tiny attacher) whatsoever (keep meaning to get some!), so I used scraps from my stash, along with words from the Thesaurus and some Gothic remnant rubs. Here are both tags before adding the main characters.
Last October, I used the Zombie die set to make a Zombie Dog. You can see that post here. This is probably my favorite tag I’ve ever made, and even better, Tim liked it, too! I had thought about making that dog again in the metallic version, but he was inspired by the dog next door, and sadly, he went to the Rainbow Bridge this year, so…RIP, Diego (paper version, too).
My next thought was to make a dog similar to Frankenweenie to go with the Monster tag, and the Vampire die was a pretty good fit shape-wise for his face (I used the Monster die set for the other pieces). It was going along fine until I came to the ears and I tried and tried to make it work, but couldn’t to my satisfaction. I finally came to the realization that I would need different ears, so I decided that he would have Snoopy ears, but Monster-style, of course. For his face, I used watercolor paper and everything else was metallic. Since I traced around the outside of the Vampire die, he’s as big as the Monster (LOL), but since Frankenstein was always being hunted by the villagers, he needs a big dog to protect him, right? I will admit I’m not that happy with this dog, but moving on.
I added a few charms from my stash (wish I’d had a dog bone charm!), after adding Mushroom alcohol ink and white paint. The ribbon is also from my stash – I remember getting this early on when I started scrapbooking many years ago. It was way too bright for my tags, so I added Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso distress inks to tone it down. I just bought some Alpha parts and wanted to put “Woof” on the bottom of the dog tag (LOL), but then I didn’t have a good word for the Monster, so I used word bands. Dog experts say that dogs live in the moment, so that’s the band I went with for the dog. I didn’t add anything else because I don’t have anything else fitting, and there’s really no room anyway! Here’s some more pics:
I think that about covers it. Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave comments. Have a great day and Happy Halloween!
Playing along in the following challenges: